73 and still gardening

Kelly’s mishap

This is an update on my Anthurium scherzerianum ‘Kelly’. Yesterday, I found my plant in this state:

…something munched the mottled spathes. On further inspection, I found the culprit; it was a brown slug we called dila-dila in vernacular (a descriptive word for tongue.)  Also, I  saw some slug eggs among the potting medium. tsk..tsk.. and to think I thought this garden critter was harmless…

unwelcome garden visitor


2 responses

  1. Oh what a shame. It’s such a fantastic Anthurium bloom!

    January 28, 2012 at 2:42 pm

  2. how sad…can’t seem to get rid of those slugs too here…i hope Kelly will bloom again.

    January 31, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s